Duncan is a writer for the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association blog, has chaired and presented at OTLA and Thunder Bay Law Association conferences on many occasions, and has been quoted in legal and local newspapers on personal injury and automobile insurance issues.
Duncan Macgillivray is active in the community, as reflected in the many organizations he’s engaged with, including: Brain Injury Association of Thunder Bay (Board of Directors 2009 to 2017 and President 2010 to 2015), Thunder Bay Counselling Centre (Board of Directors 2009 to 2015 and Board Chair 2011 to 2015), the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Directors 2015 to Present, Treasurer 2018 to Present), The Advocates’ Society, the Thunder Bay Law Association (Board of Directors 2012 to 2017), and of course, the Thunder Bay Lawyers Hockey Team, to name a few. As the Thunder Bay organizer for OTLA’s Bike Helmets on Kids program, Duncan has organized the donation of over 1,700 free bike helmets to elementary school kids.
Duncan Duncan Macgillivray’s Team
Duncan works closely with his staff, including Nancy Campbell, Personal Injury Analyst, and Gayle DuBois and Joan Bennett, two of the most experienced legal assistants in Thunder Bay.
- Northwestern Ontario Visionary Award, Top 20 Under 40 (2012)
- City of Thunder Bay Citizen of Exceptional Achievement (2015)
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2021 Edition
Duncan’s Qualifications & Affiliations
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, 2009
- Juris Doctor, Queen’s University School of Law, 2008
- Honours Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), First Class Standing, St. Francis Xavier University, 2005
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Law Society of Ontario
- Thunder Bay Law Association