Roy Macgillivray BA, LL.B
For 40 years, Roy Macgillivray has been a trial lawyer in Thunder Bay.
Early in his career, Roy gained valuable trial experience as a criminal lawyer. For the last 30+ years, he has concentrated on personal injury and insurance law.
Roy has represented both accident victims and insurers at all levels of Court in Ontario. Currently, his practice primarily focuses on seriously injured victims of motor vehicle and trip and fall accidents.
Roy firmly believes that a local lawyer, who knows the local “players” such as insurance adjusters and healthcare providers is advantageously positioned to obtain the best possible results for his clients. Most importantly, an injured client needs and deserves immediate personal accessibility to his or her lawyer.
Roy Macgillivray is an avid outdoorsman, who is just as comfortable in the bush as he is in the courtroom. Roy is the proud owner of labrador retrievers and horses and is an honourary member of the Port Arthur Hunt Club.
Over the years, Roy has been involved in many community organizations, with a focus on conservation organizations, like Ducks Unlimited and the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.
- Zivcic v Midway Grocers Ltd.,  O.J. No. 704
- Toronto Helicopters Ltd. v Intercity Ford Ltd.,  O.J. No. 4007
- Clifford v Coghlan,  O.J. No. 4380
- Larson v Thunder Bay (City),  O.J. No. 96
- Danco v Thunder Bay (City),  O.J. No. 120
- Nuttall v Thunder Bay (City),  O.J. No. 545
- Olson (Litigation Guardian of) v Lakehead Board of Education,  O.J. No. 1193
- Black v Dominion of Canada Insurance Co.,  O.J. No. 4120
- Black v Dominion of Canada General Insurance Co.,  O.J. No. 4106
- Black v Dominion of Canada Insurance Co.,  O.J. No. 4107
- Black v Dominion of Canada General Insurance Co.,  O.J. No. 649
- Nutley v Kuper,  O.J. No. 2791
- Boisvert v Korczynski,  O.J. No. 3409
- B.A., Queen’s University, 1971
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 1974
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, 1976